Sunburst Prima Donna™ Dinnerplate Begonia
- 2 bulbs per package
- Save 50%
- Out Of Stock
We ship this item in Spring.
LightPart to Full Shade
Size5-6 cm Tuber
Zone3 to 10(Lift in fall in zones 3-7)
Bloom TimeSummer to Frost
Soil RequirementWell drained
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 71119 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Goes Great With
A Pop of Sunny Yellow for Your Shady Areas!
A charming burst of yellow blooms delicately trimmed in scarlet red adds needed colour to your shady areas. Sturdy stems keep the large 6-8'' blooms upright, even in the wind. A true winner in any shade garden.
- Botanical NameBegonia tuberosa 'Sunburst'
- Hardiness Zone3 to 10(Lift in fall in zones 3-7)
- Lift in Fall3- 9
- Flowering TimeSummer till first frost
- Light RequirementsFull Shade, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorYellow blooms trimmed in scarlet-red
- Flower Form15-20 cm upright, ruffled, double flowers
- Foliage TypeMedium green fleshy leaves with serrated edges.
- Growth RateMedium
- Height/Habit 16-20"
- Spread10 - 12 inches
- Planting Instructions3 - 5 cm deep and 25 - 30 cm apart
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateClay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningAfter blooming, cut the withered flower at the top of the stem to prevent seed production and then allow the leaves to wither and turn brown before removing them. The green leaves provide nourishment for the plants.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5A 3/20/17 - 6/17/17 5B 2/27/17 - 6/17/17 6A & 10AB 2/20/17 - 6/17/17 Last Order Date 6/12/17
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95