Andes Red Peruvian Lily
- 1 per package
Availability: In Stock
We ship this item in Spring.
LightSun to Part Shade
Zone3 to 9, lift in fall in zones 3 to 5
Bloom TimeSummer to Mid Fall
Soil RequirementWell-drained, average soil. Avoid heavy soils.
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 74713 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Buy 1 Plant, Get 1 Plant FREE!
You will receive 1 FREE Plant when your order arrives. Please note, the additional 1 Plant will not show on your web order and will be processed when your order ships.
Goes Great With
DescriptionYou'll get months of bold blooms to enjoy!
Liven up the landscape with a long lived perennial that bears loads of fragrant, bright red flowers speckled in deep maroon and enhanced by vibrant yellow throats. Blooms appear in clumps and exhibit superb staying power—beautifying beds and borders for months on end! Pull, don't cut, the stems for bouquets and arrangements—pulling delivers longer-lasting flowers.Alstroemeria
- Botanical NameAlstroemeria 'Andes Red'
- Hardiness Zone3 to 9, lift in fall in zones 3 to 5
- Lift in Fall3- 5
- Flowering TimeAll summer until early to mid fall
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorRed with yellow throat. Nice maroon markings in the throat.
- Flower FormFunnel-shaped flowers in terminal clusters. The flowers in the clusters are 2.5" in diameter. Clusters contain up to 15 flowers.
- Foliage TypeErect stems with alternate, linear, lance-shaped leaves, 3" long.
- Growth RateVigorous
- Spread24 - 26 inches
- Planting InstructionsSoak Roots for about half an hour. Loosen soil well before planting. Do not plant too deep. Plant with the eyes just below the soil. Firm soil around the roots and water thoroughly.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, average soil. Avoid heavy soils.
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower stems. This will encourage the plant to continue flowering.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5A 3/19/18 - 6/16/18 5B 2/26/18 - 6/16/18 6A & 10AB 2/19/18 - 6/16/18 Last Order Date 6/11/2018
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95