Belgian Princess Bearded Iris
- 1 per package
- Save 35%
- Out Of Stock
We ship this item in Fall.
LightSun to Part Shade
Zone4 to 9
Bloom TimeMid to Late Spring
Soil RequirementWell drained soil. Vigorous grower which requires generous feeding if soil is not fertile. At least 5 hours of sunlight each day. Water during dry periods. Avoid water-logged soils.
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 68196 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Goes Great With
DescriptionCommands attention with lavish, heavily ruffled flowers and a charming, sweet fragrance. Princess' award-winning blooms arrive in mid to late spring, featuring regal orchid-lavender standards above delightful light buff-pink falls.Iris germanica
- Botanical NameIris germanica 'Belgian Princess'
- FormPerennial (rhizome)
- Hardiness Zone4 to 9
- Flowering TimeMid to late spring
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorLight orchid-lavender standards and light buff-pink falls.
- Flower FormLarge, 5" heavily ruffled flowers
- Foliage TypeBlue-green sword-shaped leaves
- Growth RateFast once established.
- Spread24 inches
- Planting InstructionsPlant with top half of the rhizome exposed
- Soil RequirementsWell drained soil. Vigorous grower which requires generous feeding if soil is not fertile. At least 5 hours of sunlight each day. Water during dry periods. Avoid water-logged soils.
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningCut off dead blooms. Cut back foliage to fan size (6" of foliage) in late fall. Clean up plant debris before winter to prevent borers from overwintering.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 7A 8/15/18 - 10/28/18 7B - 13B 8/22/18 - 10/28/18 Last Order Date 10/17/2018
Bulbs from Holland
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5AB 8/15/18 - 12/16/18 6AB - 7AB 8/22/18 - 12/16/18 8AB - 13AB 8/29/18 - 12/16/18 Last Order Date 12/12/2018
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 13B 9/6/18 - 12/16/18 Last Order Date 12/12/2018
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95