Exotic Colour Hosta Collection
- 5 per package
Price$29.99 Old Price
- Save 60%
- Out Of Stock
We ship this item in Spring.
Zone3 to 9
Bloom TimeMid to Late Summer
Soil RequirementWell drained
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 73940 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Goes Great With
DescriptionHOSTAS Perfect for your shade garden
When it comes to listing the best plants for shade, hosta has to be at the top! America's most popular perennial, the hardy hosta is known for its broad, textured foliage that comes in hundreds of colour combinations. Versatile and easygoing, hostas thrive in planting zones 3–9, require little care and fit in just about anywhere—including under a tree, in containers or along a wooded path. Their ample leaves are perfect for hiding withering bulb foliage in late spring, and their tall flower scapes in mid to late summer provide added dimension and colour.
Our Exotic Colour Hosta Collection offers hosta lovers an exciting alternative to ordinary hosta hues— with bold colour combinations and incredible shapes and textures.
This collection includes one each of the following varieties:
- Olive Bailey Langdon: Large, round leaves look like giant lily pads floating above the garden. This heavily corrugated, giant variety is rich blue-green with wide, chartreuse margins. Bell-shaped blooms are nearly white. Foliage grows to 26–30" with 40" flower scapes.
- Color Festival: Beautiful tricolour display—between creamy white leaves and their dark green margins, there's a colour pop in jets of yellow. Foliage grows 14–16" with 24" flower scapes.
- Orange Marmalade: Quite a chameleon! Leaves emerge all green and then develop a bright orange-yellow centre. Later in the season, the leaf centres change again—this time fading to parchment white. Foliage grows to 17" with 26" flower scapes.
- Rainbow's End: Incredibly thick, rounded leaves are heavily variegated in chartreuse and dark green tones. Leaf centres brighten to creamy white in summer, when showy red scapes will emerge carrying dark lavender flowers. Compact foliage grows to 10–12" with 16–19" flower scapes.
- Delta Dawn: A rare find—Delta Dawn is a seldom offered variety with limited availability. Its leaves are huge, with a unique light green-yellow hue, and irregular, bright ivory margins. As it matures, leaves turn chartreuse and become quilted. Foliage grows 16" tall with 32" flower scapes.
- Botanical NameHosta
- Hardiness Zone3 to 9
- Flowering TimeMidsummer
- Light RequirementsFull Shade, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorVarious, see individual varieties for details
- Flower FormBell shaped. 1-1Â½" flowers
- Foliage TypeHeart-shaped leaves
- Growth RateMedium
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flowers
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5A 3/19/18 - 6/16/18 5B 2/26/18 - 6/16/18 6A & 10AB 2/19/18 - 6/16/18 Last Order Date 6/11/2018
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95