Gertrud Allen Peony
Gertrud Allen Peony
LightFull Sun, Partial Shade
Size2-3 eye division
Bloom TimeMidseason flowering (Mid to late spring)
Soil RequirementWell-drained, deep, fertile soil
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.How many plants do I need?
- Botanical NamePaeonia lactiflora 'Gertrud Allen'
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering TimeMidseason flowering (Mid to late spring)
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorWhite petals with light yellow stamens.
- Flower FormFull, double, anemone-form flowers. The outer petals are these of a single peony. The inner petals are narrow, ruffled and shorter.
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green foliage. Very attractive and ornamental through-out the growing season.
- Growth RateSlow
- Height/Habit36 inches
- Spread36 inches
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to spread out roots without bending them. Set crown with buds 1-2" below ground-level. Water in thoroughly. Plant at least 6 weeks before ground freezes.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, deep, fertile soil
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after flowering to maintain an attractive bush type perennial all summer long.
Questions & Answers
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a shipping estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx based on your hardiness zone.. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
SPRING Shipping Schedule
Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs
Zones Shipping Dates 3-4 3/22/22 - 6/14/22 5 3/15/22 - 6/14/22 6 3/7/22 - 6/14/22 7 3/1/22 - 6/14/22 8 2/22/22 - 6/14/22 9-10 2/15/22 - 6/14/22 Last Order Date 6/11/2022
Zones Shipping Dates Last Order Date 3AB - 6AB 4/11/22 - 6/3/22 6/14/2022 7AB - 10AB 3/14/22 - 6/3/22 6/14/2022
Hedges and Shrubs
Zones Shipping Dates Last Order Date 3A - 4B 4/18/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 5A 3/28/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 5B 3/14/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 6A 3/7/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 6B 2/28/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 7A - 7B 2/21/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 8A - 8B 2/14/22 - 4/29/22 4/25/22 9A - 10B 2/7/22 - 4/29/22 4/25/22
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95
See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at (513) 354-1512 or contact us at email@example.com.