Green Twister Coneflower
- 1 per package
Availability: In Stock
We ship this item in Spring.
Zone3 to 9
Bloom TimeMid to Late Summer
Soil RequirementWell drained.
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 73706 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Goes Great With
DescriptionUnique petals are tipped in lively shades that vary from light green to nearly yellow. Towards the centre, the colour changes dramatically to a reddish-pink, becoming carmine-red on the cone. This eye-catching coneflower is excellent in bouquets and arrangements, but you can also leave some spent blooms to feed finches and other birds through the winter. Attracts beneficial pollinators.Echinacea purpurea
- Botanical NameEchinacea purpurea 'Green Twister'
- Hardiness Zone3 to 9
- Flowering TimeMid to late summer
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Flower ColorLemon green with reddish-pink center which deepens to carmine-red. Some flowers may be more yellow than green.
- Flower Form4" daisy-like with prominent central cone.
- Foliage TypeDark green, lanceolate, coarse and hairy with toothed edges.
- Growth RateModerate
- Spread24 inches
- Planting InstructionsPlant with sprouts just below the soil, approx. 24" apart. Will grow in any well-drained soil. Tolerant of drought conditions. Best in hot and sunny locations.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained.
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Dry Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to encourage development of new flowers.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5A 3/20/18 - 6/17/18 5B 2/27/18 - 6/17/18 6A & 10AB 2/20/18 - 6/17/18 Last Order Date 6/12/2018
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95