Legerdemain Bearded Iris
- 1 bulb(s) per package
- Save 62%
Availability: In Stock
We ship this item in Fall.
Zone4 to 9
Bloom TimeMid to Late Spring
Soil RequirementPrefers well-drained soil, but is tolerant of a wide range of soils. Avoid water-logged soils.
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 68004 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Goes Great With
DescriptionStriking Colour... with a Twist!
You'll see lovely blue standards and falls that blend into a pretty coffeecoloured edge. But this beautiful bearded iris has a surprise in store! The standards turn ice blue, and the falls turn completely tan for a second dazzling display. The beard remains a fiery orange-vermillion accent throughout. Iris stays short to make a lovely container display that won't need no special treatment.
- Botanical NameIris germanica 'Legerdemain'
- Hardiness Zone4 to 9
- Flowering TimeMid to late spring.
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorInitially it opens with blue standards and falls that are part coffee, then the standards change color to ice-blue and the falls become tan.
- Flower FormClassic Iris form, 4.5-5" in size
- Foliage TypeGlaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves in spring and summer, with some die-back in winter in colder climates.
- Growth RateFast, once established.
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Planting InstructionsPlant with top half of rhizome exposed
- Soil RequirementsPrefers well-drained soil, but is tolerant of a wide range of soils. Avoid water-logged soils.
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower stems. In late fall, cut foliage to 6" fans. Remove plant debris to prevent borers from overwintering. After flowering, and cut foliage back in late fall.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 7A 8/15/17 - 10/28/17 7B - 13B 8/22/17 - 10/28/17 Last Order Date 10/17/17
Bulbs from Holland
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5AB 8/15/17 - 12/16/17 6AB - 7AB 8/22/17 - 12/16/17 8AB - 13AB 8/29/17 - 12/16/17 Last Order Date 12/12/17
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 13B 9/6/17 - 12/16/17 Last Order Date 12/12/17
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95