Tall Phlox Collection
- 5 per package
Out of Stock
LightFull Sun to Partial Shade
Zone3 to 9
Bloom TimeSummer to Early Fall
Soil RequirementWell drained
Goes Great With
DescriptionThe Very Best Tall Phlox You Can Buy!
Tall phlox is a summer delight that delivers big, colourful blooms for weeks and weeks. Use these bold beauties for background in borders or as bright focal points between taller and shorter plants in your beds. Huge, fluffy flower heads up to 8" long waft in the breeze atop 2-3' stalks. And nothing beats their heady, spicy fragrance, which makes them ideal for cutting. Just a single flower head can perfume an entire room of your home! All premium varieties bred for superior mildew resistance.
Better Hybrids Mean Garden Success!
Powdery mildew has been the bane of phlox growers for years. But our Tall Phlox varieties all exhibit superior resistance to powdery mildew, so you will worry less and enjoy more!
Easy to Grow and Maintain
Hardy in zones 3-9, our Tall Phlox will thrive in a wide range of soils and growing conditions. They require very little care and will grow best in full sunlight to moderate shade. For best results, keep your phlox moist with thorough, frequent watering. Try to water the soil rather than foliage to aid in mildew prevention. A layer of mulch will help to keep the soil cool and damp.
Lovely and Low Maintenance
A beacon for beneficial butterflies, your Tall Phlox Collection requires little to no upkeep. Just plant it in full sun to part shade and enjoy the sights and scents each summer!
This collection includes one each of the following varieties:
- Botanical NamePhlox paniculata
- Hardiness Zone3 to 9
- Flowering TimeMid summer to early fall
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorCollection of various colors
- Flower FormIndividual tubular flowers up to 1" across form a dense pyramidal panicles up to 8" across.
- Foliage Typelanceolate foliage
- Growth RateMedium
- Spread24 inches
- Planting InstructionsTop of plant should be just below the soill and 24" apart
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemoving spent head heads will induce new ones.