Blue Hill Salvia
- 1 per package
- Out of Stock
- Save 35%
We ship this item in Fall.
- 5 per package
We ship this item in Spring.
LightSun to Part Shade
Zone3 to 8
Bloom TimeSummer to Frost
Soil RequirementWell drained
Goes Great With
Compact Salvia in Glorious Blue
Glorious floral spikes stand at attention in their dress blues, attracting butterflies all summer long. Easy-to-grow, drought-tolerant sun lover has a compact habit. Cut back after flowering for a repeat of long-lasting blooms.Salvia nemerosa 'Blauhügel'
- Botanical NameSalvia nemerosa 'Blauhugel' ('Blue Hill')
- Hardiness Zone 3 to 8
- Flowering TimeSummer to first frost
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Flower ColorDress blue
- Flower FormLong spike-like racemes, tightly packed.
- Foliage TypeMid green leaves that are ovate or lance shaped and notched.
- Growth RateMedium
- Spread15 - 18 inches
- Planting InstructionsLoosen soil well before planting. Plant with the eyes (sprouts) just below the soil. Water well after planting.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Dry Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningPlants can be cut back in midsummer if they start to look tired (warmer climates). New foliage and flowers will appear in a few weeks time.