Black Beauty Peony
- 1 per package
- Save 49%
We ship this item in Spring.
- 1 per package
- Save 52%
We ship this item in Fall.
LightSun to Part Shade
Size2-3 eye division
Zone3 to 8
Bloom TimeLate Spring to Early Summer
Soil RequirementWell-drained, deep, fertile soil
Goes Great With
Huge, Dark Blooms!
A striking colour for a classic perennial. Nearly black, 6-7" flowers make a dramatic appearance in late spring to early summer. Garden visitors as well as butterflies and hummingbirds, will love the fragrant, fully double blooms that sit atop 36-48" dark stems. The glossy, green foliage is very ornamental and provides a colour show in the spring when new growth is copper-burgundy and when the leaves turn soft yellow in the fall. Paeonia.
- Botanical NamePaeonia lactiflora 'Black Beauty'
- Hardiness Zone3 to 8
- Flowering TimeMidseason (mid to late spring)
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorVery deep red
- Flower Form7" fully double flowers
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green leaves. Very ornamental through-out the growing season. The new growth in spring is a copper-burgundy and turns a soft yellow in the fall.
- Growth RateMedium to slow
- Spread30 - 36 inches
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to spread out roots without bending them. Set crown with buds just below the soil. Water in thoroughly. Plant at least 6 weeks before ground freezes.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, deep, fertile soil
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after flowering to maintain an attractive bush type perennial all summer long.
© Copyright 2018 Gardens Alive, Inc. d/b/a/ Breck's®. All Rights Reserved.