Burning Hearts False Sunflower
Burning Hearts False Sunflower
LightFull Sun, Partial Shade
Bloom TimeEarly summer to fall
Height36 - 48 inches
Soil RequirementMoist, well-drained soil
Buy 1 Plant, Get 1 Plant FREE!
You will receive 1 FREE Plant when your order arrives. Please note, the additional 1 Plant will not show on your web order and will be processed when your order ships.
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 83498 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Burning Hearts False Sunflower Description
- Botanical NameHeliopsis helianthoides var. scabra 'Burning Hearts'
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering TimeEarly summer to fall
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorBright yellow petals with vibrant red-orange center
- Flower FormDaisy-like 2-3" wide blooms
- Foliage TypeIncredibly dark green foliage with tinges of purple and purple stems.
- Growth RateMedium
- Height/Habit36 - 48 inches
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots. Spread roots around the hole and fill in with dirt so that the crown is just below or level with the soil.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained soil
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningDeadhead spent flowers will extend the flowering time and prevent self-seeding. Divide every 2-3 years in spring or fall to maintain vigor.
Questions & Answers
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a shipping estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx based on your hardiness zone.. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
SPRING Shipping Schedule
Zones Shipping Dates Last Order Date 3A-4B 3/20/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23 5A-5B 3/13/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23 6A-6B 3/5/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23 7A-7B 2/27/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23 8A-8B 2/20/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23 9A-10B 2/13/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $10.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $14.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $16.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $18.95 $100.01 to over $20.95
See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at (513) 354-1512 or contact us at email@example.com.
Planting Video: Step by Step