Burst Of Joy Bearded Iris
- 1 per package
Price$9.99 Old Price
- Save 50%
Availability: In Stock
We ship this item in Fall.
Zone4 to 9
Bloom TimeEarly midseason flowering.
Soil RequirementWell-drained. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 75880 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Goes Great With
DescriptionThis cheerful perennial will brighten any garden, vase or bouquet! A mix of rose and amethyst up top with a golden beard and saffron yellow shoulders that add some sunshine to the soft orchid falls.
Reserve a special place for a bevy of these ethereal beauties—nearly all of which are new. It's a fairly new development in iris breeding and creates a distinctive and opulent look. Their delicate form and regal appearance add allure and elegance to any garden or vase. Truly exquisite!
- Botanical NameIris germanica 'Burst of Joy'
- FormPerennial (Rhizome)
- Hardiness Zone4 to 9
- Flowering TimeEarly midseason flowering. (Early to mid spring)
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorRosy amethyst overlain with a soft orchid sheen. Golden beards and shoulders.
- Flower FormLarge, 6" laced flowers.
- Foliage TypeGlaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves.
- Growth RateFast, once established.
- Spread24 inches
- Planting InstructionsRhizomes should be slightly exposed. At least 5 hours of sunlight each day. Water during dry periods.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to encourage more flowers. In late fall, cut foliage to 6" fans. Clean up debris to prevent borers from over wintering. After flowering and in late fall to early winter.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 7A 8/15/18 - 10/28/18 7B - 13B 8/22/18 - 10/28/18 Last Order Date 10/17/2018
Bulbs from Holland
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5AB 8/15/18 - 12/16/18 6AB - 7AB 8/22/18 - 12/16/18 8AB - 13AB 8/29/18 - 12/16/18 Last Order Date 12/12/2018
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 13B 9/6/18 - 12/16/18 Last Order Date 12/12/2018
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95