City Lights Reblooming Bearded Iris
- 1 per package
Price$10.99 Old Price
- Save 50%
Availability: In Stock
We ship this item in Fall.
LightSun to Part Shade
Zone4 to 9
Bloom TimeMid Spring, followed by a second round of blooms in Late Summer to Early Fall
Soil RequirementWell drained. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 75992 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Goes Great With
DescriptionDeeply coloured violet-blue standards and falls featuring a glowing white centre surrounding the beard. Multiple award winner with slightly scented flowers.
What's better than iris season? Two iris seasons a year! Our most vigorous bloomers, these varieties offer an outstanding double feature—with richly coloured, showy flowers in spring and then again months later. Iris germanica
- Botanical NameIris germanica 'City Lights'
- FormPerennial (rhizome)
- Hardiness Zone4 to 9
- Flowering TimeMid to late spring and again in late summer-early fall
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorDeeply colored violet blue standards and falls with a glowing white center.
- Flower FormTypical iris-like, 5" in diam..
- Foliage TypeGlaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves.
- Growth RateFast once established, which takes approximately 4 -6 weeks.
- Spread24 inches
- Planting InstructionsSet the rhizomes so bottom 1/2 is below ground-level, firm and water thoroughly.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningCut back foliage to 6" fan. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers from over wintering. After flowering
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 7A 8/15/18 - 10/28/18 7B - 13B 8/22/18 - 10/28/18 Last Order Date 10/17/2018
Bulbs from Holland
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5AB 8/15/18 - 12/16/18 6AB - 7AB 8/22/18 - 12/16/18 8AB - 13AB 8/29/18 - 12/16/18 Last Order Date 12/12/2018
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 13B 9/6/18 - 12/16/18 Last Order Date 12/12/2018
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95