Colonel Mustard Siberian Iris
Colonel Mustard Siberian Iris
LightFull Sun, Partial Shade
Bloom TimeMidseason flowering (Mid to late spring)
Soil RequirementPrefers regular to moist soils
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.How many plants do I need?
- Botanical NameIris sibirica 'Colonel Mustard'
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering TimeMidseason flowering (Mid to late spring)
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorMedium to deep blue, clear Standards light warm yellow, darker in heart, red-violet veining in center; style arms cream, heavy blue-violet wash, yellow tips; Falls light and dark mustard, signal yellow heavily veined and speckled in fall color
- Flower FormTypical Iris-like flowers
- Foliage TypeSlightly arching, narrow grass-like leaves.
- Growth RateMedium
- Height/Habit20 inches
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Planting InstructionsPlant with the eyes just below soil and large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them and 18-24" apart. Firm soil around roots and water in well.
- Soil RequirementsPrefers regular to moist soils
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Wet Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after blooming.
Growing Tips for Colonel Mustard Siberian Iris
Questions & Answers
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a shipping estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx based on your hardiness zone.. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
SPRING Shipping Schedule
Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs
Zones Shipping Dates 3-4 3/22/22 - 6/24/22 5 3/15/22 - 6/24/22 6 3/7/22 - 6/24/22 7 3/1/22 - 6/24/22 8 2/22/22 - 6/24/22 9-10 2/15/22 - 6/24/22 Last Order Date 6/20/2022
Zones Shipping Dates Last Order Date 3AB - 6AB 4/11/22 - 6/3/22 6/14/2022 7AB - 10AB 3/14/22 - 6/3/22 6/14/2022
Hedges and Shrubs
Zones Shipping Dates Last Order Date 3A - 4B 4/18/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 5A 3/28/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 5B 3/14/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 6A 3/7/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 6B 2/28/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 7A - 7B 2/21/22 - 5/20/22 5/16/22 8A - 8B 2/14/22 - 4/29/22 4/25/22 9A - 10B 2/7/22 - 4/29/22 4/25/22
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95
See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at (513) 354-1512 or contact us at email@example.com.
Planting Video: Step by Step