Naked Ladies Collection
Naked Ladies Collection
Size12-16 cm bulbs
Zone3-9. Lift in Fall in zones 3-6
Bloom TimeLate summer to mid fall
Height16 - 30 inches
Soil RequirementWell drained
Buy 12 Bulbs, Get 12 Bulbs FREE!
You will receive 12 FREE Bulbs when your order arrives. Please note, the additional 12 Bulbs will not show on your web order and will be processed when your order ships.
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 87245 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Naked Ladies Collection Description
Before we continue, let's address the elephant in the room--the name! In a nutshell, it's about the foliage. The term "naked ladies" has been used for ages to describe nerines and other similar plants. Depending on your climate and summer rainfall, the slender flower stalks often shoot up when the base foliage isn't present, leaving the blooms in a unique state of "undress."
In addition to what they bring to fresh-cut arrangements, the varieties in this collection provide late-season charm and colour to garden beds, herbaceous borders and patio pots. Bearing exquisite blooms of white and several shades of pink, they will contrast brightly with the more russet tones of the fall landscape.
These four varieties produce large, 4-4½" clusters of five to 10 flowers, which are white or various shades of pink. Their narrow, wavy and recurved petals give these blooms a lovely, delicate appearance--but looks can be deceiving! They will survive winter undamaged in zones 7-9, and while bulbs should be lifted in fall in cooler hardiness zones, these tough customers don't need much else in the way of maintenance. Naked ladies are long lived in the garden and are some of the longest-lasting cut flowers around. Adding further to their appeal in floral arrangements are their long, sturdy stems and slight musky scent. This fragrance attracts butterflies, hummingbirds and honeybees, but also signals foraging deer to leave them alone.
- Yields lovely late-season blooms
- Recurved flowers resemble lilies
- Lasts long in arrangements
This collection includes 3 each of Amandi, Alba, Anastasia and Vesta
- Amandi: Flowers are bubblegum pink with deep pink stripes running down the middle of the petals, which elegantly curl back. Their tall stems make them stand out even more in a bed, border or container garden. Height: 24-30" Nerine bowdenii
- Alba: Sprays of pure white, star-shaped blooms are gracefully held aloft on slender but sturdy stems. Narrow, twisted petals curve back to give these scented flowers the look of lilies. A great addition to a late summer mixed border or bouquet. An excellent container flower, too. Height: 18-24" Nerine bowdeni
- Anastasia: The vibrant, shocking-pink blooms of this beauty will add pops of dazzling colour and fragrance to your landscape and patio pots long after most flowers have faded. You'll be amazed at how the flowers clusters appear to dance in the autumn sunlight. Height: 24-30"Amarine belladiva
- Vesta: Umbels of soft pink blooms add a late-season feminine touch to the garden bed or border. These groups of trumpet-shaped flowers grow on distinctive, leafless stems for weeks and continue to impress when snipped and used for indoor décor. Grows well in planters. Height: 16-20"Nerine bowdenii
- Botanical NameNerine bowdenii
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Lift in Fall3-6
- Flowering TimeLate summer to mid fall
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Flower ColorMixed colors (mix of pink, white, deep pink )
- Flower FormLarge, 4-4.5" umbels of lily-like flowers with recurved petals
- Foliage TypeStrap-shaped leaves
- Growth RateMedium
- Height/Habit16 - 30 inches
- Spread6 - 8 inches
- Planting InstructionsSoil level and 6 - 8" apart
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningNot needed
Questions & Answers
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a shipping estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx based on your hardiness zone.. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
SPRING Shipping Schedule
Zones Shipping Dates Last Order Date 3A-4B 3/20/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23 5A-5B 3/13/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23 6A-6B 3/5/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23 7A-7B 2/27/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23 8A-8B 2/20/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23 9A-10B 2/13/23 - 6/9/23 6/5/23
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $10.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $14.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $16.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $18.95 $100.01 to over $20.95
See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at (513) 354-1512 or contact us at email@example.com.