Bloom TimeEarly to late summer.
Height20 - 24 inches
Soil RequirementWell drained
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 65336 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Ostfriesland Salvia Description
- Botanical NameSalvia nemorosa 'Ostfriesland'
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering TimeEarly to late summer.
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Flower ColorViolet purple flowers
- Flower FormLong spike-like racemes, flowers will almost cover entire plant
- Foliage TypeMid green leaves that are ovate or lance shaped and notched.
- Growth RateMedium
- Height/Habit20 - 24 inches
- Spread15 - 18 inches
- Planting InstructionsLoosen soil well. Soak roots for about 30 minutes in water before planting. Plant with the sprouts just below the soil. Space plants 18" apart. Water well after planting.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Dry Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove faded blooms to encourage repeat flowering
Questions & Answers
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a shipping estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx based on your hardiness zone.. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
SPRING Shipping Schedule
Zones Shipping Dates Last Order Date 3A-4B 3/20/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 5A-5B 3/13/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 6A-6B 3/5/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 7A-7B 2/27/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 8A-8B 2/20/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 9A-10B 2/13/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $10.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $14.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $16.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $18.95 $100.01 to over $20.95
See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at (513) 354-1512 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.