Red Hot Chili Reblooming Bearded Iris
- 1 bulbs per package
- Save 50%
- Out Of Stock
We ship this item in Fall.
LightSun to Part Shade
Zone4 to 9
Bloom TimeMid Spring, and again in Late Summer to Early Fall
Soil RequirementPrefers well drained swoil, but is tolerant of a wide range of soils.
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 68174 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Goes Great With
DescriptionAn intermediate reblooming iris, lit in fiery hues. Yellow standards are gorgeous, as they're heavily washed with smouldering ruby red, but where Red Hot Chili really stands out is the incredible, dotted, rustcoloured edging on its bright yellow falls. Simply stunning! Iris germanica
- Botanical NameIris germanica 'Red Hot Chili'
- Hardiness Zone4 to 9
- Flowering TimeMid spring, reblooming in late summer-fall
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorYellow standards heavily washed ruby Red. Bright Yellow falls with a rust dotted edge.
- Flower FormClassic Iris-like, very showy, 4" in size
- Foliage TypeGlaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves.
- Growth RateFast once established
- Spread24 inches
- Planting InstructionsSet rhizomes so bottom half is below ground level. In sandy soil they can be planted 1-2" deep. Firm and water thoroughly. Plant where they will get at least 5 hours of sun per day.
- Soil RequirementsPrefers well drained swoil, but is tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningPrompt removal of spent flower stems will promote the reblooming for later in the season. Cut the foliage back to 6" fans in the late fall. Clean up plant debris to prevent borers from over wintering. After flowering and late fall/early winter
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 7A 8/15/17 - 10/28/17 7B - 13B 8/22/17 - 10/28/17 Last Order Date 10/17/17
Bulbs from Holland
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5AB 8/15/17 - 12/16/17 6AB - 7AB 8/22/17 - 12/16/17 8AB - 13AB 8/29/17 - 12/16/17 Last Order Date 12/12/17
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 13B 9/6/17 - 12/16/17 Last Order Date 12/12/17
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95