Snow in Summer
Snow in Summer
An effective ground cover for full-sun sites.
Bloom TimeLate spring - early summer
Height3 - 6 inches
Soil RequirementWell-drained soil in full sun.
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
- Botanical NameCerastium tomentosum
- Hardiness Zone3-7
- Flowering TimeLate spring - early summer
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Flower ColorWhite with yellow stamens
- Flower FormSmall star-shaped flowers with 5 petals but appears as if there are 10 because they are deeply divided.
- Foliage TypeNarrow, gray-green leaves 1" long and 1/4" wide. Leaves are evergreen.
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
- Height/Habit3 - 6 inches
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Planting InstructionsSet plant at same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil in full sun.
- Will TolerateDry Soil
- PruningPlants will self-seed if spent blooms are not removed. Best to shear off flower stems after bloom to prevent self-seeding, reduce future foliage decline. Divide every year to maintain compact size.
Questions & Answers
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a shipping estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx based on your hardiness zone.. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
SPRING Shipping Schedule
Zones Shipping Dates Last Order Date 3A-4B 5/1/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 5A 4/10/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 5B 3/27/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 6A 3/13/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 6B 2/27/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 7A 2/23/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 7B 2/20/24 - 6/9/24 6/5/24 8A 2/16/24 - 5/12/24 5/8/24 8B 2/13/24 - 5/12/24 5/8/24 9A-10B 2/6/24 - 5/12/24 5/8/24
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $10.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $14.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $16.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $18.95 $100.01 to over $20.95
See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at (513) 354-1512 or contact us at email@example.com.