Shirley Temple Peony
- 1 per package
- Save 52%
We ship this item in Fall.
- 1 per package
- Out of Stock
- Save 51%
We ship this item in Spring.
LightFull sun to part shade
Size2-3 eye divisions
Zone3 to 8
Bloom TimeEarly Mid Spring
Soil RequirementWell-drained, deep, fertile soil
Goes Great With
DescriptionHuge 8" fully double flowers have a lovely, light rose hue that turns white as it matures. Butterflies can't resist its allure! Firm stems and early flowering period make this an outstanding choice for cut flowers. Paeonia lactiflora
- Botanical NamePaeonia lactiflora 'Shirley temple'
- Hardiness Zone3 to 8
- Flowering TimeEarly flowering (early mid spring)
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorA beautiful light rose which changes into white,
- Flower FormFully double, large, 8" flowers
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green leaves. Very ornamental through-out the growing season. The new growth in spring is a copper-burgundy and turns a soft yellow in the fall.
- Growth RateSlow
- Spread30 - 36 inches
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to spread out roots without bending them. Set crown with buds 1" below ground-level. Water in thoroughly. Plant at least 6 weeks before ground freezes.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, deep, fertile soil
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after flowering to maintain an attractive bush type perennial all summer long.
© Copyright 2018 Gardens Alive, Inc. d/b/a/ Breck's®. All Rights Reserved.