Purple Tall Dutch Iris
- 10 per package
LightSun to Partial Shade
Size7-8 cm bulb
Zone5 to 9
Bloom TimeLate Spring to Early Summer
Soil RequirementWell drained
Goes Great With
DescriptionA gem for your garden and vase! Deep purple flowers are accented with bright yellow centres. Strong stems with attractive, sword-like foliage. Plant them anywhere in sun or partial shade for a striking effect reminiscent of Holland's best growing fields. Iris hollandica
Buy 10 Bulbs, Get 10 Bulbs FREE!
You will receive 10 FREE Bulbs when your order arrives. Please note, the additional 10 Bulbs will not show on your web order and will be processed when your order ships.
- Botanical NameIris hollandica
- Hardiness Zone5 to 9
- Flowering TimeLate spring to early summer
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorDeep purple accented with bright yellow centres.
- Flower FormFlowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals calles falls and three upright petals called standards
- Foliage TypeMedium green, grass-like foliage
- Growth RateMedium
- Height/Habit 22-24"
- Spread3 - 4 inches
- Planting Instructions4" deep and 3 - 4" apart
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateClay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningAfter blooming, cut the withered flower at the top of the stem to prevent seed production and then allow the leaves to wither and turn brown before removing them. The green leaves provide nourishment for the bulbs.
© Copyright 2018 Gardens Alive, Inc. d/b/a/ Breck's®. All Rights Reserved.