Red Jewel Helenium
- 1 per package
- Out of Stock
- Save 32%
We ship this item in Fall.
- 3 per package
- Save 58%
We ship this item in Spring.
Zone4 to 8
Bloom TimeMidsummer to Frost
Soil RequirementWell drained
Goes Great With
Exciting Colour that Won't Fade!
An interesting new colour for helenium! This variety produces tight clusters of small, dusky red flowers, with a hint of blue. Some flowers may have yellow-tipped petals, but the colour remains consistent as the flower matures, unlike some other heleniums that change colour as they age. Cut back old blooms to encourage new flowers, and to attract butterflies to flit amongst your back border or cutting garden.
- Botanical NameHelenium 'Red Jewel'
- Hardiness Zone4 to 8
- Flowering TimeMidsummer to frost
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Flower ColorDusky red flowers with hint of blue
- Flower Form2" raised disk centers, surrounded by somewhat reflexed petals.
- Foliage TypeOvate to lanceolate, 4-6" long 1-2" wide, serrate edge
- Growth RateMedium
- Height/Habit 30-36"
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Planting InstructionsDig a whole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them, firm well and water thoroughly.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningCut back to remove spent flowers and to prolong flowering time.