Wow® Perennial Tulip Collection
- 1 bulbs per package
- Save 47%
- Out Of Stock
We ship this item in Fall.
Size14+ cm bulb
Bloom TimeEarly to Mid Spring
Soil RequirementWell drained
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 65206 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Goes Great With
DescriptionThe Tulips in This Collection Are Unique in Two Ways:
• First of all, these are perennial tulips. Unlike most tulips, which grow and bloom with vigour for only a few years, Holland's Wow! Perennial Tulips have many of the characteristics of fine daffodils. They will bloom in your garden with increased vigour and beauty year after year.
• But that's not all! The Wow!® Perennial Tulip bulbs we've chosen are unusually large—14 cm or larger. These big, plump, healthy bulbs produce vastly superior blooms. Fewer than one in a thousand perennial tulips grow to this huge size.
This collection includes 10 each of the five varieties:
Red Dynasty - Nature's perfect complement to the colours of springtime, this big, bold adventurer will bring an air of grandeur to your garden or bouquet with its brilliant, colourful blooms. Robust, signal red blooms appear in mid spring on durable 24-26" stems.
Sun Gold - A touch of golden-yellow splendour for your garden or bouquet, this jewel sparkles like a radiant sunbeam against the lush, deep greens of mid spring. It's a prolific and long-lasting bloomer supported by sturdy 24-26" stems.
Halley's Comet - Mesmerizing colour and contrast are this showstopper's claim to fame. Brilliant yellow blooms blaze with flames of deep red atop strong 22-24" stems in mid spring, making this an ideal choice to chase away the wintertime blues.
Purissima - As pure and pristine as fresh-fallen snow, this lustrous white beauty is sure to awaken your garden from its long winter's nap. Early- to mid-spring blooms on 14-16" stems provide the perfect contrast for the vivid colours of its companions.
Guinevere - Like its legendary namesake, this fabled queen is renowned for quiet beauty, strength and elegance. With dramatic pink blooms perched majestically atop 24-26" stems, it's a touch of royalty for your mid-spring garden or bouquet.
Plus, as a FREE GIFT, with every collection you order we'll send you one rare, giant size Towering Prism bulb. This enormous bulb - a full 14cm or larger - will grow with vigour in your garden, producing a tall (over three feet tall), chalice-shaped flower with a beautiful pink blush, fading into a yellow trim.
- Botanical NameCollection of various Tulipa darwinhybrid
- Flowering TimeEarly to late spring
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorCollection of pink, red/yellow, white, red, yellow
- Flower FormUpright, double, bell or funnel shaped.
- Foliage TypeGray-green, linear or broadly ovate.
- Growth RateMedium
- Spread3 - 6 inches
- Planting Instructions6" deep and 3 - 6" apart
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateClay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningOnly dead heading. It is important to let the foliage mature and die down naturally, do not cut back. Next year's bloom is being developed
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Bulbs from Holland
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5AB 8/15/17 - 12/16/17 6AB - 7AB 8/22/17 - 12/16/17 8AB - 13AB 8/29/17 - 12/16/17 Last Order Date 12/12/17
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 13B 9/6/17 - 12/16/17 Last Order Date 12/12/17
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95