Bartzella Itoh Peony
- 1 per package
- Save 75%
We ship this item in Fall.
- 1 per package
- Out of Stock
- Save 63%
We ship this item in Spring.
LightSun to Part Shade
Size2–3 Eye Division
Zone3 to 8
Bloom TimeLate Spring to Early Summer
Soil RequirementWell drained
Goes Great With
DescriptionAnother successful crossing of a tree peony and a bush peony, this incredible Itoh variety delivers extra-large, uniquely yellow blooms on a robust, winter-hardy plant. Strong stems hold the fragrant flowers upright, even after a heavy rain! Glossy, green foliage starts out copper-burgundy in the spring and provides interest throughout the season. Paeonia .
- Botanical NamePaeonia x 'Bartzella'
- Hardiness Zone3 to 8
- Flowering TimeLate spring to early summer
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorSunny yellow
- Flower FormFully double flowers
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green leaves. Very ornamental through-out the growing season. The new growth in spring is a copper-burgundy and turns a soft yellow in the fall
- Growth RateMedium
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to spread out roots without bending them. Set crown with buds on ground-level. Water in thoroughly. Plant at least 6 weeks before ground freezes.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after flowering to maintain an attractive bush type perennial all summer long.
© Copyright 2018 Gardens Alive, Inc. d/b/a/ Breck's®. All Rights Reserved.