Purple Prince Lily Tree®
- 3 per package
- Save 52%
We ship this item in Fall.
- 3 per package
- Save 56%
We ship this item in Spring.
LightSun to Part Shade
Size16-18 cm bulb
Zone3 to 10
Bloom TimeMid to Late Summer
Soil RequirementPrefers well drained soil, but will tolerate heavier soils.
Goes Great With
Grows 6 to 8 feet tall in 3 years!
This rare variety features the astonishing height, floriferous habit and reliable growth found only in our Lily Trees, but it has something more – an absolutely breathtaking colour! Big, beautiful, trumpet-shaped blooms of the most unusual purplelavender hue are accented by a bright green throat for extra eye-popping appeal. You'll want to show off this uncommonly pretty plant by placing it in a prominent spot.
Lily Trees are the breathtaking result of years of careful breeding. Breck's® Lily Trees will amaze you with massive, upward-facing flowers flaunting a delicate fragrance and providing you with exceptional reliability. All this on incredibly sturdy stems that reach up to 3-4' the first year, 5-6' the next year and upwards to 6-8' in three years! This rapid growth comes in part from the Lily Tree's unique ability to offshoot new stems from a single bulb. It's almost like planting a lily flower shrub!Lilium
- Botanical NameLilium 'Purple Prince'
- Hardiness Zone3 to 10
- Flowering TimeMid to late summer
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorA rare shade of purple-lavender with green throat
- Flower FormOut facing flowers
- Foliage TypeLinear, green leaves arranged in whorls or spirals up the stems.
- Growth RateMedium
- Spread9 - 12 inches
- Planting Instructions6" deep and 9-12" apart
- Soil RequirementsPrefers well drained soil, but will tolerate heavier soils.
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningDon't remove leaves until they have died down in fall. They help provide nourishment to the bulb for next season's blooms.
© Copyright 2018 Gardens Alive, Inc. d/b/a/ Breck's®. All Rights Reserved.