Purple Prince Lily Tree®
- 3 per package
- Out of Stock
- Save 31%
We ship this item in Fall.
- 3 per package
We ship this item in Spring.
LightSun to Part Shade
Size16-18 cm bulb
Zone3 to 10
Bloom TimeMid to Late Summer
Soil RequirementPrefers well drained soil, but will tolerate heavier soils.
Goes Great With
DescriptionThis rare variety features the astonishing height, floriferous habit and reliable growth found only in our Lily Trees, but it has something more – an absolutely breathtaking colour! Big, beautiful, trumpet-shaped blooms of the most unusual purplelavender hue are accented by a bright green throat for extra eye-popping appeal. You'll want to show off this uncommonly pretty plant by placing it in a prominent spot.
Lily Trees are the breathtaking result of years of careful breeding. Breck's® Lily Trees will amaze you with massive, upward-facing flowers flaunting a delicate fragrance and providing you with exceptional reliability. All this on incredibly sturdy stems that reach up to 3-4' the first year, 5-6' the next year and upwards to 6-8' in three years! This rapid growth comes in part from the Lily Tree's unique ability to offshoot new stems from a single bulb. It's almost like planting a lily flower shrub!Lilium
- Botanical NameLilium 'Purple Prince'
- Hardiness Zone 3 to 10
- Flowering TimeMid to late summer
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorA rare shade of purple-lavender with green throat
- Flower FormOut facing flowers
- Foliage TypeLinear, green leaves arranged in whorls or spirals up the stems.
- Growth RateMedium
- Spread9 - 12 inches
- Planting Instructions6" deep and 9-12" apart
- Soil RequirementsPrefers well drained soil, but will tolerate heavier soils.
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningDon't remove leaves until they have died down in fall. They help provide nourishment to the bulb for next season's blooms.