Tartan Dinnerplate Dahlia
- 2 per package
Price$10.99 Old Price
- Save 54%
- Out Of Stock
We ship this item in Spring.
LightSun to Partial Shade
Zone3 to 10* (Lift in fall if you live in Zones3-7)
Bloom TimeSummer to Frost
Soil RequirementWell drained
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 85802 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Goes Great With
Incomparable contrasting petals.
Huge, 8" blooms of deep, rich burgundy are striped with thick bands of snowy white. Placed in the rear of a border, this Dinnerplate dahlia draws the eye back over the entire space and enhances your existing plantings beautifully.
- Botanical NameDahlia 'Tartan'
- FormPerennial (tuber)
- Hardiness Zone3 to 10* (Lift in fall if you live in Zones3-7)
- Lift in Fall3- 7
- Flowering TimeSummer to frost
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorRich burgundy petals are striped with thick bands of snowy white
- Flower Form8" fully double, ball-shaped flowers. When the side buds are not pinched, flowers grow a bit smaller.
- Foliage TypeMid green, pinnate leaves with ovate leaflets
- Growth RateMedium
- Height/Habit 3-4'
- Spread24 inches
- Planting InstructionsLoosen soil well before planting. Dahlias respond dramatically to feeding, so we advise to enrich the soil with compost or well-rotted manure and then apply some fertilizer at time of planting. Plant the tuber with the potato-like roots facing down with 2" of soil on top of the tuber. Water well after planting.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower heads to encourage more blooms and maintain a neat appearance.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5A 3/19/18 - 6/16/18 5B 2/26/18 - 6/16/18 6A & 10AB 2/19/18 - 6/16/18 Last Order Date 6/11/2018
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95