Shimadaijin Tree Peony
Shimadaijin Tree Peony
LightFull Sun, Partial Shade
Size1 yr grafted
Bloom TimeEarly flowering (early mid spring)
Height36 - 84 inches
Soil RequirementWell-drained, humus enriched.
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 91925 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Shimadaijin Tree Peony Description
- Botanical NamePaeonia suffruticosa 'Shimadaijin'
- FormRoot Division
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering TimeEarly flowering (early mid spring)
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorReddish purple.
- Flower FormLarge, semi-double flowers, 8" across.
- Foliage TypeMedium green foliage is deeply divided into oval to lance-shaped leaflets. Foliage remains attractive throughout the growing season. No fall color.
- Growth RateMedium. This is a vigorous tree peony.
- Height/Habit36 - 84 inches
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Planting InstructionsDig a planting hole 12" wide and deep, incorporating some garden compost and fertilizer. Plant this grafted bareroot tree peonies deeply. The graft union should be 3 to 4" below the soil. This will encourage the tree peony to make fresh roots and basal shoots. Do not overwater newly planted tree peonies. This is the biggest cause of failure.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus enriched.
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningTree peonies require no or minimal pruning. If needed cut back just above new growth in summer or in fall. Removal of the oldest stems down to the base in the fall after leaf-fall encourages bushier growth, but this is normally not necessary the first 7-10 years.
Growing Tips for Shimadaijin Tree Peony
Questions & Answers
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a shipping estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx based on your hardiness zone.. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
SPRING Shipping Schedule
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $10.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $14.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $16.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $18.95 $100.01 to over $20.95
See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at (513) 354-1512 or contact us at email@example.com.
Planting Video: Step by Step