Breck's Best Garden Photo Contest
Please check out our contest page for prize details and inspiration.
- Contest period
- Begins 12:01 a.m. EST on 07/20/20 and ends 11:59 p.m. EST on 08/30/20
- Entry period 1: Begins 12:01 a.m. EST on 07/20/20 and ends 11:59 p.m. EST on 07/26/20
- Entry period 2: Begins 12:01 a.m. EST on 07/27/20 and ends 11:59 p.m. EST on 08/02/20
- Entry period 3: Begins 12:01 a.m. EST on 08/03/20 and ends 11:59 p.m. EST on 08/09/20
- Entry period 4: Begins 12:01 a.m. EST on 08/10/20 and ends 11:59 p.m. EST on 08/16/20
- Entry period 5: Begins 12:01 a.m. EST on 08/17/20 and ends 11:59 p.m. EST on 08/23/20
- Entry period 6: Begins 12:01 a.m. EST on 08/24/20 and ends 11:59 p.m. EST on 08/30/20
- How to enter
- Submit via landing page
- Upload to Facebook or Instagram with hashtag #brecksbestgardens
- To enter special categories:
- Best garden color: include hashtag #brecksgrowingcolour
- Best small space/container: include hashtag #brecksgrowingsmall
- Best first-time garden: include hashtag #brecksgrowingintoit
- Winner determination
- Weekly winner: randomly drawn from all entries during the entry period
- On or about September 3rd, 2020 all Entries will be judged by a panel of qualified judges based on the Judging Criteria.
- The one (1) Entry with the highest total score will be deemed the potential grand prize winner. In the event of a tie, an additional, "tie-breaking" judge will determine the potential grand prize winner based on the aesthetic quality of the photo.
- The one (1) Entry with the highest total score in each special category (Best garden color, Best small space/container, Best first-time garden) will be deemed the category winner.
- The fifteen (15) entries with the next highest scores will be posted for voting for fan favorite. Voting will Begins 12:01 a.m. EST on September 7th and ends 11:59 p.m. EST on September 12th. The photo with the most votes will be deemed the winner.
- Weekly winner (6 total, 1 per entry period): $50 Breck's gift card
- Fan favorite (1): $250 Breck's gift card
- Best garden color (1): $250 Breck's gift card
- Best small space/container (1): $250 Breck's gift card
- Best first-time garden (1): $250 Breck's gift card
- Grand prize (1): $500 Breck's gift card
User Generated Content
Breck's Bulbs is not responsible for user generated content. User generated content remains the sole responsibility of the person who submitted it. For example, the content you submit must not infringe or misappropriate third party intellectual property such as copyrighted materials. You must have permission from any and all third parties whose intellectual property you include in the content you submit to the Breck's Bulbs Sites or you must be otherwise legally entitled to include such intellectual property in the content you submit. You are legally responsible for the content you submit to the Breck's Bulbs Sites. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Breck's Bulbs may (but is not required) to use systems and software to analyze the content you submit to help detect infringing or abusive content, such as spam, malware, or other illegal content.
Rights You Grant
Breck's Bulbs does not acquire any right, title, or any other ownership interest in the content you submit. However, we do require you to grant certain rights to us and other users of our services and the Breck's Bulbs Sites, as described below.
You grant to Breck's Bulbs a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to use the content you submit in connection with the Breck's Bulbs Sites, including reproduction, distribution, preparation of derivative works, public display, and public performance of the content you submit, for the purpose of promoting and redistributing part or all of the Breck's Bulbs Sites and promoting the Breck's Bulbs business.
You also grant each other user of the Breck's Bulbs Sites a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to use the content you submit in connection with the Breck's Bulbs Sites, including reproduction, distribution, preparation of derivative works, public display, and public performance of the content you submit, only as enabled by a feature of the Breck's Bulbs Sites (e.g., video playback or embeds).
The licenses granted by you continue for a commercially reasonable period of time after the content you submit has been removed or deleted from the Breck's Bulbs Sites. You understand and agree, however, that Breck's Bulbs may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your content that have been removed or deleted.
Removing Your Content
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Breck's Bulbs Sites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Breck's Bulbs Sites; (4) your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; (5) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon Breck's Bulbs actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. Breck's Bulbs's notice address for claims of copyright infringement is:
P.O. Box 65
Guilford, IN 47022
Attn: Breck's Legal Department
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a copyright infringement notice. You should note that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.