Marie Lemoine Fragrant Peony
- 1 per package
- Out Of Stock
We ship this item in Spring.
LightSun to Part Shade
Size2-3 Eye Division
Zone3 to 8
Bloom TimeLate Spring to Early Summer
Soil RequirementWell drained
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
Item 99252 cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Buy 1 Root, Get 1 Root FREE!
You will receive 1 FREE Root when your order arrives. Please note, the additional 1 Root will not show on your web order and will be processed when your order ships.
Goes Great With
DescriptionTreasured in the home garden for over 140 years!
A timeless classic, this award-winning, heirloom peony has been planted and enjoyed for over 140 years! Large, fully double blooms of cream are adorned with flecks of lemon yellow at their centres. Very pretty and exquisitely fragrant, it remains a beauty all season long, shorter stems that won't require staking. Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds.Paeonia lactiflora
- Botanical NamePaeonia lactiflora 'Marie Lemoine'
- Hardiness Zone3 to 8
- Flowering TimeLate spring to early summer
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorCreamy white petals with some lemon-yellow tints in the center.
- Flower FormFully double flowers
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green leaves. Very ornamental through-out the growing season. The new growth in spring is a copper-burgundy and turns a soft yellow in the fall.
- Growth RateSlow
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to spread out roots without bending them. Set crown with buds on ground-level. Water in thoroughly. Plant at least 6 weeks before ground freezes.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after flowering to maintain an attractive bush type perennial all summer long.
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
Bareroot Perennials & Bulbs
Zones Shipping Dates 1AB - 5A 3/19/18 - 6/16/18 5B 2/26/18 - 6/16/18 6A & 10AB 2/19/18 - 6/16/18 Last Order Date 6/11/2018
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $9.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $12.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $14.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $16.95 $100.01 to over $18.95