Mutabilis Plena Peony
Mutabilis Plena Peony
LightFull Sun, Partial Shade
Size2-3 eye divisions
Bloom TimeVery early flowering (Mid spring)
Height18 - 24 inches
Soil RequirementWell-drained, deep, fertile soil
We'll carefully pack and ship your order at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone.
- Botanical NamePaeonia officinalis 'Mutabilis Plena'
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering TimeVery early flowering (Mid spring)
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower ColorPink guard petals, the petals forming the center of the flower are pointy and show all shades from white to light and dark pink. Nearly fluorescent flowers.
- Flower FormFully double flowers
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green leaves. Very ornamental through-out the growing season. The new growth in spring is a copper-burgundy and turns a soft yellow in the fall.
- Growth RateSlow
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Spread24 - 28 inches
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to spread out roots without bending them. Set crown with buds 1" below ground-level. Water in thoroughly. Plant at least 6 weeks before ground freezes.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, deep, fertile soil
- Will TolerateAcidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after flowering to maintain an attractive bush type perennial all summer long.
Growing Tips for Mutabilis Plena Peony
Questions & Answers
Upon placing your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a shipping estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order actually ships with an updated arrival estimate. If you have ordered multiple items, you may receive them in more than one shipment. We will send you a separate email confirming each shipment.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or your area may affect the anticipated shipping schedule below.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible in the planting season to allow for the best root development once planted.
To promote optimum stress protection in transit and your success in the garden, bareroot perennials are kept in the ground in our nurseries until fully dormant. In the Fall these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window above.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to delivery your orders via the USPS or FedEx based on your hardiness zone.. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bulb and perennial shipments direct from Holland are harvested in July and August dependent on the season and crop. Once fully inspected and packaged they are shipped direct to you in the most efficient manner to follow the dates above.
Garden hardgoods and Gift Certificates ship with in 4-7 day.
We will pack and ship your order based on the following schedule.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.
FALL Shipping Schedule
Zones Shipping Dates 3AB - 10AB 9/19/22 - 12/9/22 Last Order Date 12/5/22
Zones Shipping Dates Last Order Date 3 - 6 10/10/22 - 11/11/22 11/7/22 7 - 10 10/10/22 - 11/25/22 11/21/22
Hedges and Shrubs
Zones Shipping Dates Last Order Date 3 - 7 10/3/22 - 11/4/22 10/31/22 8 - 10 10/3/22 - 11/18/22 11/14/22
Zones Shipping Dates Last Order Date 3AB - 6AB 7/11/22 - 10/21/22 10/17/2022 7AB - 10AB 7/11/22 - 11/4/22 10/31/22
Shipping & Handling Charges
Total Order Add Up to $40.00 order $10.95 $40.01 to $60.00 $14.95 $60.01 to $80.00 $16.95 $80.01 to $100.00 $18.95 $100.01 to over $20.95
See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at (513) 354-1512 or contact us at email@example.com.